January Tasty Tuesday Wine Pairing Recipe
Bacon-Wrapped Meatloaf with Chili Glaze
Join us in 2023 as we taste our way through the year with delicious recipes perfectly paired with our InVINtions' wine! We kick-off our monthly Tasty Tuesday blog in January with a recipe for a bacon-wrapped meatloaf with chili glaze that pairs beautifully with InVINtions G.S.M. Each month we will feature a recipe and wine. In between, you will find Tasty Tuesday posts with a variety of easy-to-find foods paired with InVINtions' wine.
Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf featuring InVINtions G.S.M.
- 1 C. ketchup
- 1/2 C. Sriracha
- 2/3 C. brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. hot sauce
- 1/2 C. plain Greek yogurt
- 1 lb. ground 80/20 beef
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 1 sleeve of saltine crackers, crushed
- 1 lb. regular cut bacon
- On medium heat in a small saucepan mix ketchup, Sriracha, brown sugar, and vinegar for glaze. Heat, gently stirring, until brown sugar has dissolved. Turn burner off.
- In a frying pan, sauté onion until lightly brown, add garlic, after about 1 minute, move contents to a bowl to cool slightly.
- Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray, and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl beat eggs, seasonings, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and yogurt; add in crackers, beef, and pork. Mix until well combined.
- Form mixture into a log shape on the prepared sheet pan. Take about 1/8 C. of the glaze and place in separate bowl; using a brush spread this glaze on the loaf. Wrap the loaf in bacon, tucking the bacon ends under the loaf.
- Bake in the oven for one hour. Let cool for 15-20 minutes. Serve with glaze on the side.
- Pairs beautifully with a glass of InVINtions' G.S.M.